The aim of this award scheme is to reward excellence within the British Precast membership and to publicise the progress of the industry towards sustainability.
Entries are now closed. Thank you for your submimssions.
The 2018 Sustainability Award is sponsored by GCP
2017 Award Winner
The winner of the 2017 British Precast Sustainability award was Forterra for Whittlesey Plant Continual Energy Improvement.
Forterra’s Whittlesey factory has been introducing measures to improve efficiency and reduce energy consumption over a number of years. In 2016 the management team increased production by 12% while improving energy efficiency through a number of measures such as investing in new pallets, improved preventative maintenance programmes, loading shovel replacement, new burners, improved curing control systems and increased insulation. This series of relatively small improvements have led to a saving in 2016 of 9% compared in energy consumption to 2015 and almost 18% when compared to 2014 when the project started.
This award rewards excellence within the British Precast membership and publicises the progress of the industry towards sustainability.
The 2017 Sustainability Award was sponsored by GCP
The 2017 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Cemex UK - Waste Minimisation at Washwood Heath Rail Solutions
- Creagh Concrete - Brackagh Quarrywind Farm
- Forterra Building Products - Whittlesey Plant Continual Energy Improvement
- Forticrete - Leighton Buzzard Stockyard Development
- Robeslee Concrete - Hydraulic Filter Press
2016 Award Winner
The winner of the 2016 British Precast Sustainability Award was Techrete for Green Electricity Generation.
The 2016 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Formpave - Aquaflow Thermapave
- Techrete - Green Electricity Generation
- Forterra Building Products - Family Open Day
- Marshalls - Electronic Energy Action Plan Integration
- Forterra Building Products - Whittlesey Block Dryer Upgrade
For further information on the above projects download our 2016 Annual Review
The 2016 Sustainability Award was sponsored by GCP
2015 Award Winner
The winner of the 2015 British Precast Sustainability Award was H+H for Energy Management - System and Reduction.
Highly Commended in the Sustainability Award for the project: Improved curing helping to reduce protection waste was Brett Landscaping and Building Products.
Highly Commended in the Sustainability Award for the project: Compressed air energy reduction was Marshalls Mono.
The 2015 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Hanson Building Products - Rail freighting of PFA
- Longley Concrete - Increased harvesting and better use of rainwater
- Marshalls Mono - Compressed air